Stellenbezeichnung: Senior Manager/Advisor and Co-Lead (m/f/d) in the field of water / integrated water resource management / water cooperation (32-40h / week)- Berlin/ remote Germany
Job Beschreibung: Climate change, economic development and unsustainable use are increasing the pressure on existing water resources worldwide. At the same time, many people still do not have secure access to basic water and sanitation. Sustainable water resource management requires cooperation between different stakeholders, economic sectors, riparian states and not least in the international community. With our work, we contribute to understanding sustainable water supply for all in the nexus of energy and food security in order to constructively resolve conflicting goals and to identify adequate solution strategies. We integrate multidisciplinary perspectives to analyse socio-economic and natural framework conditions, to develop technical, institutional and policy approaches and strategies, and to foster cooperation at different levels.
Are you eager to promote sustainable solutions to water problems worldwide? We are looking for a Senior Advisor/Manager (mlfld) with co-lead function to support our thriving water programme, working in full-time (or 32h/week) at our Berlin office or working remotely from other places in Germany. We are looking for creative and dynamic personalities who want to help shape the work of our programme and take on responsibility for content and strategy as a senior manager.
Diversity is important to us. For a sustainable future, we need a diversity of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives.
We therefore welcome all applications – regardless of gender, disability, nationality or ethnic and social origin. Recognised severely disabled persons or persons of equal status will be given preferential consideration in the case of equal suitability.
- Conceptual work: Your experience in working with national and international clients and funding bodies enables you to develop concrete implementation concepts for projects. You use your intuition for developments in various sub-topics to set impulses and further develop these topics
- Project implementation: You will be responsible for the technical and conceptual implementation of advisory and research projects. Based on your expertise and a good understanding of the information needs of different target groups, you develop analyses, background studies, practical guidance, policy briefs, analogue and digital training and dialogue formats
- Project management: Your planning and coordination skills help you with efficient project management (including communication with clients and project partners, managing external experts, resource and budget planning, event organisation).
- Further development of the thematic area: Together with your colleagues, you will further develop the strategic orientation of the water programme and develop relevant new themes, project ideas and partner constellations. With your contacts to relevant clients and partners, you support the team in the acquisition of projects.
- Communication: You work with our communication experts to communicate the results and findings of your projects to the right stakeholders. You represent your team and individual projects externally at events and in dialogues with decision-makers, multipliers and network partners.
- Teamwork: Bringing in your professional background you act as a sparring partner for your colleagues. You take on staff responsibility and support younger colleagues in increasingly taking on tasks independently and developing their own skills.
- At least 8 years of relevant and thematically broad professional experience in the field of water, e.g. in consultancy, policy advice, development cooperation, applied research
- A relevant university degree e.g. in hydrology, environmental engineering, resource management, geography, environmental economics or environmental management with a focus on the topic of water (sustainable/integrated water resource management).
- Extensive knowledge and interest in IWRM, transboundary water management, river basin planning, water governance, relevant EU and international policy processes, etc.
- Experience and interest in the conceptualising, acquiring and managing complex international consulting and research projects, preferably also in the context of development cooperation
- Strong organisational skills and sense of responsibility, flexibility and ability to work independently, ability to work in teams and to think across disciplines as well as in inter-cultural settings
- Excellent oral and written English skills, knowledge of German and/or French desirable
- Willingness to travel to project countries worldwide (for short-term stays)
- adelphi Impact:
You advance social-ecological transformation with impactful projects. * adelphi Fit:
Free or discounted membership in the Urban Sports Club with more than 50 sports throughout Germany and in five European countries.
- adelphi Mobile:
Subsidized BVG company ticket including free transportation for passengers and/ or our job bike leasing for your personal bike of choice. Whether for your way to work or for your free time.
An international and interdisciplinary team with a lot of passionate commitment for a future worth living. Not only spinning ideas together at work, but also celebrating together at various adelphi events.
- adelphi DNA:
dynamic green new-work environment with flexible working hours for your personal work-life balance as well as IT equipment for your home office. * adelphi Care:
Individual development through numerous internal and external trainings as well as our buddy program, mentoring and knowledge exchanges.
That sounds exciting to you? Then we look forward to receiving your application!
Send us your complete documents as soon as possible (including curriculum vitae, copies of certificates, salary expectations and information on your availability). Please use only the way via our online application
Arbeitsort / Location: Berlin
Ausschreibung: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 04:51:48 GMT
Auf diesen Job bewerben.
Beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf Jobbörse.info